In October 2001 the 4000 square foot Red Bluff Roundup Museum building was completed through the hard work of the Red Bluff Roundup Board of Directors, many community volunteers, building contractors, and interested North Valley firms.
The building houses the Red Bluff Roundup office – including the ticket office, the museum proper, the directors meeting room, and the Red Bluff Bull & Gelding Sale office. In 2006 the Red Bluff Tehama County Chamber of Commerce presented the Spirit of Red Bluff Award to the museum in recognition of outstanding contributions to our community, for the completion of the landscaping surrounding the property.
The main goal of the museum is to preserve the history of the Red Bluff Round-Up for generations to come. Included are displays of pictures starting with the 1918 Play day held at the Clough Ranch in Los Molinos up to the present-day. Also on display is a 15-foot picture of the 1925 Red Bluff Round-Up grand entry, saddles, chaps, several bronze figurines, signs, Lane Frost and Red Rock pictures and various books telling about the cowboy lifestyle. The family of rodeo clown Homer Holcomb donated his saddle, Baggy pants, had, and the miniature of homer and his donkey Parkurarcus that were displayed at the worlds fair on Treasure Island in 1936 and was built by Levi Strauss. There is also a display of the trophy, Certificate of recognition, from the 2015 Red Bluff Round-Up induction into the PRCA Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Currently we are in the planning stages of displaying our pictures and videos in digital form, so that community can view the pictures by era or contestant. The museum always welcomes any new pictures or other memorabilia that the community comes across of the Red Bluff Round-Up.
Please come by for your guided tour details the story of the Red Bluff Round-Up.
Red Bluff Round-Up Museum & Historical Society President