Always Shop Local
20 Dec 2021
As we close out 2021, our second pandemic year, in the midst of the holiday shopping season, this is a good time to remind shoppers to always shop local. Shopping locally kept many businesses afloat throughout 2020, allowing them to reopen when California gave the green light to do so.
Benefits of Shopping Locally
Shopping locally benefits the community more than some may realize. When residents and visitors shop local they:
- Reduce environmental impacts by decreasing the amount of fuel and fewms from transportation and waste from packaging
- Create jobs allowing residents to enhance their work-life balance
- Help generate an identity for the community
- Recycle their dollars back into the community
- Encourage innovation and support entrepreneurship
When the community shops local, businesses are able to:
- Retain and recycle community dollars by buying from other local businesses
- Support and fund nonprofit & not-for-profit organizations
- Build a personal connection with their customers
- Provide more in-depth product knowledge
- Carry unique products & cater to their demographic
- Offer lower pricing due to lower overhead
- Offer better customer service
End the Year with a Shopping Bang
Since the holiday season is the biggest shopping season of the year, here are a few stores where you may find some uncommon and exceptional gifts:
- Sew Smart Supplies in Los Molinos
- The Quilt Basket in Corning
- Interland Antiques in Corning
- MoonBeam Farms in Corning
- $5 jewelry by Paparazzi - Connie Olson, Consultant in Orland
These stores provide very different shopping experiences right in your community. Personalized items are always the gift that keeps on giving. Organic items (MoonBeam Farms) are great for the environment and self-care. You can’t go wrong with $5 jewelry.
Also, gift cards help local businesses as well. If you plan to shop and are unable to find something for that someone, a gift card is the best way to go.
Remember, shopping locally includes restaurants.